Pedbsktbll's Shared Items

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Healthcare Part 2: Obama's plan for the elderly

On my way in to work this morning I was listening to Talk Radio, and they mentioned a point which has been discussed before-- Obama's "death panels" and how they would effect the elderly. The Mainstream Media has laughed down these discussions, and I even had to turn off "The Daily Show" this week because of the extreme liberal propaganda... The truth is, bureaucrats will be deciding your loved one's fate. It's a paramount part of every socialized, government-controlled healthcare program.

Let me run down the basic logic for you:
Those who contribute most to society-- The young and those in the work force will be priority one. The government needs these people to survive, since that's where their income is coming from. The elderly, terminally ill, and people suffering mental ailments which limit how they can work will be expendable. By a logical Utilitarian argument, this all makes sense: It's for the greater good of society. Those who are old should be euthanized or refused medical treatment since they're about to die anyway, and they are just wasting resources. However, is that really what we want? As Palin said, this plan is downright evil.

The United States of America is not a democracy; We are a republic. The difference being the former requires only a majority decision. If the majority of the population want to kill all people once they hit 65 years of age, then it is legal. A republic system of government is centered around rule of law, and protection of minority rights. Regardless of what the majority of the population desire, the basic law is upheld for all. Thus, in our system it should _not_ be legal for other people we do not even know to make life and death decisions about us. It's complete bullshit. I refuse to stand before a judging panel and try to make my case for why I think I should receive medical treatment. I refuse to stop caring for the elderly. I refuse to surrender my freedom of choice, to the government.

No comments:

President Obama Job Approval